Top 5 Canada Curious facts
Canada is among the favorite countries for anyone to live on. This happens because their governments have been responsible for developing a program of life dedicated to offering the most beneficial situations to its residents. Moreover, it is one of the places with natural urban centers and its government have made it a highly environmental destination that usually takes complete advantage of its resources without adversely impacting the environment.
Its levels of quality of life are so high that 3 of the major metropolitan areas happen to be in the rank of the TEN cities with the best quality of life in the world, specifically: Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa .One of the most interested information is that it was in Canada in which the glove was designed, in 1883, despite the fact that Canadian sports activities par excellence are lacrosse and ice hockey. And also, to carry on with the list, we list some other fascinating information as follows.
- 1. In Canada, there is a rate of 1 instructor for every 12 students, that facilitates an individual education which has brought the country to have among the finest educational programs in the world, with the biggest production of adults of productive age group who have had college education. Moreover, every province is autonomous and they are free to develop their own educational method since there is no national system to govern it.
- 2. In 1967 the first UFO airstrip on earth was constructed in the province of Alberta, specifically in San Paul, Canada. The original concept belongs to ??W. R. Treleaven and Ken Reed and it comprised in creating a small airstrip that would be designed making use of stones from each province of Canada. Additionally, official flags would be placed around it representing all the provinces and, in the middle, it will be put a time capsule with instructions to be opened up on June 3, 2067.
- 3. Yet another of the most peculiar features of Canada could be found in their traditions. One of the primary traditions of the nation, there is a so-called “Polar Bear Plunge.” It is actually a kind of practice that contains welcoming the New Year through a cold bath in the Pacific Ocean every January 1st. Every year, thousands of Canadians perform this practice.
- 4. The country derives from the Iroquois native word “kanata”, in whose translation implies “settlement” or “hut set”, the word was initially used by the traveler Jacques Cartier (More on: eta visa Canada). For the researcher Juan Francisco Maura, the word Canada originates from the name given by the Basque and also Portuguese fishers to the channel between island of Newfoundland and the Labrador Peninsula.
- 5. Canada is the 2nd country with the clearest air on earth. Its primary cities are made of eco-friendly infrastructures, dispersed in a manner that quickly decongests traffic. Furthermore, its production comes after the idea of ??renewable energy and gives its items a recyclable and also biodegradable treatment.